Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vx calais wiring questions (indicators/stereo)

Braydenreid

Reaction score
Members Ride
S/C VX Calais
i have a 2001 vx calais and my indicators often stuff up, they blink really fast as if a bulb was blown but they are all fine. it only does it every so often.. ive changed the fuse and the flasher relay and its still the same. hazards work so ive come to the conclusion it must be the indicator stalk?
can anyone confirm that or help me at all?

i was also wondering if anyone knows if its possible to wire up the stock subs to a aftermarket head deck?

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais - Cooled L67 + T56 | VF SSV Ute
does it only do the quick clicking when the indicators aren't been used? if yes, it will be the stalk for sure.

as for the subs, i'm not 100% sure, but I guess there would not be any problems. I'd wire them using an aftermarket amp, and RCA's from the headunit.

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
With my WH Statesman, when I had the aftermarket head unit installed, the stock subs stopped working. I think you can run them off the head unit (not through an amp), but you would have to run extra wiring. It's not worth it IMO.

Braydenreid

Reaction score
Members Ride
S/C VX Calais
does it only do the quick clicking when the indicators aren't been used? if yes, it will be the stalk for sure.

as for the subs, i'm not 100% sure, but I guess there would not be any problems. I'd wire them using an aftermarket amp, and RCA's from the headunit.

it only does the quick clicking when i try use the indicators but it only does it sometimes.

yeah thats what i thought.. i was hoping i could just change a few wires around so itll be easy to change back to the standard head deck if i wanted to

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
If you did install the stock head unit again, the stock subs will start working again, it's just something with the aftermarket head units. I kept asking if I could get mine working but they said it's a lot of work, and because I have an aftermarket sub, there would be no point getting the stock subs to work, because the aftermarket sub would be over powering the stock subs so you wouldn't be able to tell that they were even working.