Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

nissan pulsar n13 wont start when hot crank/turnover

muffman001

Reaction score
Website
nfateam.informe.com
Members Ride
VL Berlina soon to be turbo'd
Hi all i know this isnt a nissan forum but the nissan pulsar forum required a payed email account to sighn up so im hoping some one will be able to help me here ,

The car is a 1991 nissan pulsar n13 with the 1.6ltr auto

The problem is the car wont start when hot wont turnover/crank nothing just dead to the world ,
starts first time everytime when cold can drive it all day it doesnt miss a beat ,

I was thinking it was the Starter solenoid was getting hot or the battery but i replaced the starter and battery with a new one not a recon and it still does the same :hmmm:
so now im thinking its electrical how should i go about troubleshooting this

things i think it could be ( could be wrong tho )

starter inhibitor switch
starter relay (nissan dont mark there location under the bonnet so i dont know what 1 is what lol)
bad wiring
bad ecu

what would be the eazyst way of troubleshooting this ive done alot of rewiring in my vl but dont know were to start on the pulsar any help or thaughts would be great thanks again

caaf

Reaction score
Website
www.aurfscan.com.au
Members Ride
VYII Equipe S/wagon V6
Start with an temp switch (fused) from the starter solenoid (on the motor) to the Batt.. Just follow the starter motor feed (heavy cable) and you'll find the solenoid. At least then it will be controlled in any environment.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Check the back of the ignition switch - they get loose with age and make bad contact. We had one of those - have a Holden motor too! caaf's advice is good too.