Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VQ Caprice - Need Complete Stereo Wiring Diagram

jonvaupel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Caprice
Hi Everyone,

I am new to this Forum and am trying this as a last resort. I have had a VQ Statesman for some years now and recently purchased a mint condition VQ Caprice on gas and love it. This vehicle is a one owner and still has all the original equipment including the complete original stereo system with the rear hard wired roof mounted remote controls and plug in head phone for the rear speakers.
My problem is that the remote control system has a few bugs I would like to fix plus I would like to try and adapt an after market head unit but still try and make the rear remote unit function, I realize the new head unit will have to be modified to accomplish this and this does not worry me however I would really like a complete wiring diagram of this factory system before I start so I can trace all wires, I have seen the color charts for the head units on this site but this is not what I am looking for, I would prefer a complete schematic if possible.
I have tried many Holden Dealers on the off chance that one might still have the original factory manuals with no luck it appears they either sell them or destroy them after ten years, I have tried to find one on Ebay and have searched everywhere on google to no avail, I am hoping that there is someone here in this forum that has a copy of this complete wiring diagram.

I appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks - Jon.

Krisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
D22 St-r Navara
Ive got all the wiring diagrams i just dont have a scanner. Another member you could get it from is green88

jonvaupel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Caprice
Hey thanks for the quick reply, sorry I have not replied sooner, when you say you have all the diagrams on paper, is it the full schematics for the Caprice Stereo system, if so, would you be able to photo copy it perhaps and send it to me. Also you say green88 has everything I need but as I am new to this I have no idea how to contact green88 to ask for help, could you please explain to me how to do this. Thanks - Jon.

jonvaupel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Caprice
Problem Solved, after much research I have discovered that "Gregory`s Wiring Diagrams Vol 2" Part no. GR340 has all the VQ-VS Caprice wiring diagrams needed. I hope this helps others like me. Thanks to all who tried to help.