Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Calais Seats Into VY Berlina

exec24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series 2
im looking at fitting VZ Calais Seats(With the Memory Fuction) into my 2004 VY Berlina, and just want to know, if I would i still be able to keep the memory function?

im not worried about the priority key setup, just want to know if the seats will retain the position desired in the memory module, while the cars off

and if i need to just press 1, 2 or 3 to get the seat back to the position i want, if it has be adjusted differently(pretty much how VQ-VS Caprices are)

has anyone done this?

patheg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series 2
Hey @exec24 ,

I am currently doing the exact same fitment into my 04 VY Berlina.
I need to know how you got the airbags and general electrics working.

Please, any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

exec24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series 2
Hi, have you bought the seats? what are they out of?

you will need the wiring harness from the donor car thats the seats plug into. It runs from the drivers kick panel under the dash, heads towards the back of the car, and keeps going.....but it splits off and goes under the drivers seat, under the center console, then under the passenger seat, where it plugs into that too.(your current passenger seat shouldn't have power too it at the moment) the loom keeps going to to the passenger side kick panel

as i mentioned above the seat wont work with the priority keys like a Calais has but seat position 1, 2 ,3 works fine but you still need to add some wires (Quite easy to do)

patheg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series 2
Thanks for your reply mate,

Yeah ill be in touch with an auto electrician, do you recommend that I supply the VZ harness or go off what they suggest?

Cheers

exec24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series 2
well i wired my own seats up,

I would get that section of loom if you can, or at least get the plug off the drivers seat and 20cm of loom so it can be wiring up. and do the same for the passenger seat plug, an auto sparky will be able to work it out

the drivers side plug from the Calais as its unique to the Calais seats, so you defiantly need that one

patheg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series 2
Sorry, to answer the above question, the seats are out of a VZ Calais and going into a VY Berlina II.

I recontacted the owner and they didn't have the loom or the plugs unfortunately. I will try my best to locate a plug.
Just like your original seats my driver seat is electric, can anything be done with those connections to make them functional?

Thanks

exec24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series 2
The VZ Calais Passenger seat is easy, it will only be power and earth, this plug should be the same as a the drivers seat on Executive or Berlina

Holden changed the plug part way during VY production so some are 2 pin and some are 3 pins, the extra wire will be for the seatbelt warning light, and chime on the dash. Early production have 2 pin, later production have 3 pin.

How many pins (or wires) does your VZ Calais passenger seat have

As for the Calais drivers seat you really need the plug, a statesman might be the same. If I get time I’ll check my wiring diagrams tonight

patheg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series 2
Alright good I've checked and my passenger seat is a 2 pin.
So just like you I will have to run wires across to it from the driver seat?

I'll just have to find a wrecked stato or calais to get that plug.

Thanks again,
Let me know whenever you can about those diagrams.

exec24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series 2
whats your email, i'll send some diagrams through