Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Converting a remote control into a switch

calais06

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais MY06
I have a remote control which has two buttons: A & B, which both do different actions (open and close for example).
Is this possible to be wired into one physical switch such as a Traction control button (on/off), and keep both open or close functions?

Or how else could I wire this into a physical switch (toggle switch), and retain both controls?

All I want is the remote control to be wired into a switch that I can stick in the car somewhere.

Thanks

caaf

Reaction score
Website
www.aurfscan.com.au
Members Ride
VYII Equipe S/wagon V6
Where's that magic wand!!.. Supply information on the remote device it's self and what you want to control.... Sure. Anything can be done once enough information is supplied.

BTW the TC button is a momentary switch so no (on/off).

MORE INFO!

All so I wouldn't be using this device if it ever comes to light on essential services. What's an essential service you ask.. Well anything relating to endangering life.

calais06

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais MY06
got some more info on the remote control.

wired or infrared? what is it for?

It's a (un-wired) remote control that has two buttons. A and B (this runs off a small cell battery)

A - closes the exhaust flange with one press of about a second.
B - opens the exhaust flange with ones press of about a second also.

The remote is communicating with a central hub that connects to both motors (dual exhaust) - this is powered by 12v accessory power (only works when car has accessory or on).

I'll take a picture of the remote, and the contacts for the switches and upload them.

When I mentioned traction control as the switch I was actually meaning the park assist (which has a led that illuminates when they are on).

I have found a switch on jaycar (DPDT Switch Centre Off Spring Return Both Sides - Jaycar Electronics) - but not sure if this will work, I chose that as it has "on - off - on" connectivity, and won't drain the battery when not in use.

Last edited:

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais - Cooled L67 + T56 | VF SSV Ute
well i'd be going back to the 'hub' and find what wires go to the motors and do it that way.

otherwise your still going to need the remote in the correct area for it to communicate with the hub.

got a diagram of how the wiring for the motors is setup?

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
open the remote up and bypass the buttons on the remote , by adding wires to said rocker switch or what ever . I did this once on a tv remove when the AV button broke

calais06

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais MY06
Not sure how to wire these up now. Contacts are different to what I thought they would be.

(The circles are the buttons, and they actually click inwards, the rubber buttons on the remote only press these.

Other side:

Together: