Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Circuit Board Repair for my I.C.E ignition module

HSV.421

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Clubby 355
IMAG0005.jpg

Hi guys attached is a photo of my I.C.E ignition module that i have recently found to have packed up. it happened this morning when i installed my starter motor and forgot to reconnect ignition lead 1 as i removed it to make access to wires easier, started the car, car stalled, tried few times to start, found ignition cable off put back on but too late as i noticed this module starting to smoke slightly and could smell burnt wires, took it apart and found this diode or whatever it is damaged and possibly the white rectangle thing underneath it also.

So my question is does anyone know of any place in sydney that could look over my circuit board and replace the necessary parts as i do not want to spend $380 on a new module if it is a couple of small components. Yes i have tried computer repair places and noone wants to know about it, please someone must know of a place????

Cheers in advance...

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
That photo is blurry as ****. Whack up another clearer shot.

Pc joints don't to pcb repairs, out with the old, in with the new, u'll have to suss out electronic repair joints. Normally, a 1 man show doing it from his house.

Sorry can't help u with someone in melb

HSV.421

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Clubby 355
Sorry i know its blurry but thats the best my camera will get, if i go further away u cannot c ne of it but if it helps i will describe the visible damage.
Bottom of the pic u will c a black diode ontop of what was a white rectangle now brownish due to the burnt out component, the diode centre has actually chipped away exposing the inside. My guess is the diode has gone and possibly the rectangular resistor looking thing which i am hoping is a simple fix. iv tried a couple of places that are electronic repairs but they do not want to touch automotive devices.

Cheers

muttley383

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 383
Isn't ICE Australian based?
If so, contact them and they will probably organise repair.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Diode is an easy fix, that ceramic component below could be a fuse instead of a resistor, which may have saved the rest of the board, but unless the rest of the components are checked u don't know how far gone.

The other thing is, a good elec repairer, may charge 80 per hr.. May be better in the long run to buy another unit.