Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt 3.8 to vx 5.7 convertion starting problem

vt5.7wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 vt 5.7 wagon
hi guys i have just done a engine swap to my vt all went in great but having problems starting it fires but stalls straight away i used the vx 5.7 ecu and gearbox computer but didnt replace the bcm its like the ecu finds somthing wrong and shuts down. it only cranks for 3 or 4 seconds and might fire up in that period but then stalls. it had a maffless tune allready done and i fitted a cam. its got fuel presour
even with the fuel pump realay out it only cranks for 3 or 4 secs
its like you have to be quik to turn the key and crank it or it dosnt even crank
i have tryed the spare key and replaced the key reader
thanks guys want to get this bad boy on the road

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
You need to get a Tech-2 to pair the ECU with the BCM or else the security system kicks in and goes THIEF.

All Holden dealerships will have one, or some of the better Auto-Sparkies might have one.

gunsmoke

Gunsmoke
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS & VZ Exec
We had a simular problem when we put an R8 manual engine into a Merc 300c. We solved that by changing to the auto computer...but you said you have the auto computer from the box didnt you..so I guess Im no help sorry bout that.