Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR Interior Illumination upgrade issues

Bizmark

Reaction score
Members Ride
93' Pov-Pac
I started off with an Exec with factory interior lighting, then I put in the VR/VS domelight with maplights which was fairly straightforward to install. Not long ago I also wired in Statesman grab handles, also fairly straightforward to get up and running.

My current project is installing a VY map light/sunnies holder with the switchable map lights, and making it all work, which I'm having quite a bit of trouble with.

I've followed most of the instructions near the end of this post http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/vr-vs/107191-yet-another-white-vs-exec.html#post1251554 aside from where you cut a wire from the original dome light and connect it to two of the wires of the VY light (seemed to be optional)

My constant earth for the VY sunnies holder currently runs to one of the VR/VS dome light bolt holes via ring terminal, and so does my constant earth for the Stato grab handles. Whenever I try to activate the VY map lights (by setting the rocker switch to door, then opening a door, or setting it to 'ON') it instantly blows 25A fuses. Does this sound like the earth from the VY light circuit is interfering with another circuit?

I've heard of other people getting that light up and running in a VN-VS successfully, so where am I going wrong?