Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

multicoloured led strips

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
hey all

i bought some led strips that light up in different colours for my vz from ebay before, these ones:

eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d

and im going to wire them up as footwell lights and puddle lights, now i have a couple questions,

firstly, to split them up since its now 4 wires not 2 (to control light colour) i have bought some 4 wire alarm cable 4 wires within one) however its only thin, im not sure of what gauge but roughly the same as the speaker wires you sometimes get when you buy new car speakers, and on the control gear for the led it runs 12v which i know this cable can handle, but MAX 6A that the LEDs pull, i cant see them pulling this much but im wondering if this small cable will be big enough to supply enough power to them

secondly, i plan to wire it up using a 3 way switch, with one way on the switch coming on with the interior lights which ill tap into and another way as just a on switch to turn on whenever the cars on, sort of like a ON OFF AUTO switch, will this work the way i have it in theory?

i hope i make enough sense but if you need to know anything more just ask and i will find out

thanks for the help