Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

94 VR Caprice BRAKE LIGHTS NOT WORKING

Driven

SUPERCHARGED
Reaction score
Members Ride
00 VT Calais International - 94 VR Caprice.
Hey all, Recently bought VR Caprice just drove it 1st time at night and realised the STOP LAMP FAULT LIGHT on dash panel is on ( When headlights are switched on ). Firstly yes i have read all the previous posts on this subject, secondly i have replaced all globes ( and all other rear lights are fine ) Wiring is all ok, connections seem ok, fuses ok. Next to be checked will be the pedal switch/sensor but also the Cruise Control does not work, would thr be anything to cause both these problems being the switches/sensors for these both reside in the same place.. Any thoughts ideas would be much appreciated, thanks all..

Bombaman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
If the cruise control is not working as well I would be looking at the brake pedal switch, the cruise control might not be getting the brake pedal signal, so it won't engage.

They are setup with jigs but can slip over time

UW1SH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5speed With ecotec conversion
Had the same problem in my old VR caprice and it was the switch at the pedal.. it somehow came unscrewed so i screwed in back in and it worked fine so i recommend checking/replaceing that