Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

temp wiring question

vtonp

Reaction score
Members Ride
'98 VT commodre
hay guys.
having some trouble with my 2001 VX wagoon ( v6 )
the temp gauge is not working and neither is the low speed fan. it has a brand new temp sensor that we put in last night that hasnt changed anything and also on the dash when you turn ignition on the SERV ERROR comes up indicating a problem with the cluster...... have had it plugged into a scan tool with no real success so we are thinking there is an issue with a dodgy wire somewhere..... what im trying to find out is which directing the infomation travels..... as in does the temp sender send the infomation to the cluster and the BCM reads it from the cluster .... Im thinking that if it travels that way and the wire is damaged between the sender and cluster it would explain why the gauge dosnt work and in return why the BCM dosnt turn the fan on ?
or is it the opposite and the sender goes to the BCM and then onto the cluster ?
any info would be greatful so we know where to start looking :)
( also we have had test light on the wire to the temp sensor and that seems fine, and all earths and plugs are connected )
thanks in advance

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
How many threads do you want on the same thing?

Ghost

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Commodore berlina Sedan 1996
Lol abba it's not about the threads it's the people that have cars and don't know what their doing

vtonp

Reaction score
Members Ride
'98 VT commodre
sorry for starting a new tread ....didnt think it would be an issue, actually i thought it would be better having it in two different sections so I would get different perspectives on the problem ( for example a mechanical point of view & an Auto elec's ) and find someone with experience with similar problems that "knows what there doing" rather than hoping someone with experience would come across it in amongst the 100's of other threads but thats cool man i wont do it again