Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Power antenna Question

weston

Holden VH V6 Commodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore
Hey guys, project VH has a power antenna on it and i would like to know how to wire it into the VN loom i have in it. The antenna has a blue and a red wire coming from it and i think one or both have a 5 amp fuse, and the song explode model sterio has a blue wire for antenna. I have drawn up a diagram using the aid of a digram from "Markovr" and have altered it to add in the VH model switch i wish to use.
VHVNPowerantennawiringdiagram.jpg

I hope this make sence and is correct, the only thing i havent added in the drawing is in the diagram Markovr has done he has a wire joining the radio to the module and fuse 1, but i think i can do this with out joining the radio and just run the orange wire from the module to fuse 3 (fuse three is in the VN commodore wiring diagram for a VN only set up) .
Im also not 100% sure what order the three wires in the VH switch run ive only gone the color from the VB and VH book diagrams, the back of the VH antenna switch has three pins on it numbered 3,4, and 5 any help guys cheers.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Basically the power feeds come straight off the radio loom

weston

Holden VH V6 Commodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore
Basically the power feeds come straight off the radio loom

So this wiring diagram drawn with the aid of you pic will work and what is the order of wiring to the VH type switch cheers

weston

Holden VH V6 Commodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore
Bump anyone please

weston

Holden VH V6 Commodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore
Well i wired up the antenna and module in the car tonight and seem correct only the orange wire in my loom needs to feed from fuse 1 not 3 not sure if this is the same for others that may use this diagram. I tried the switch only to realize the antenna itself needs the inside cable that feeds up and down replaced or just a whole new one installed but i think the operation of the switch is correct as i can hear the antenna clicking and making noises.