Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Wagon S2 BCM/Key issues

Pman92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Wagon
Hello im new to this forum and thought i could find some answers here.
I recently purchased a VS series 2 V6 auto wagon that needs a bit of work, among that is the fact you have to press the unlock button on the remote to make the car start (it will crank but not fire).
I flashed the codes through the ALDL connector and engine light and got 3 (12-No RPM signal, 31- Theft deterant signal missing, and 47-Crank angle reference missing). The key remote is physically broken aswell as the key reader so i was expecting the theft deterant code and assumed that was why it wasnt starting.
However when i removed the fuse box panel for another reason i noticed the BCM was wrapped in a plastic glad bag and a wire on it was cut from the loom and joined to earth. I found a wiring diagram on the net and the wire is the the start enable (The loom end is earthed, the BCM side is just sticking out of the plug).
I took the BCM out and it appears to be a second hand one from the wreckers (Has VS wagon and a VIN number not matching mine written on it).
Why was it wrapped in plastic and why would the start enable wire be earthed? And will replacing the key remote holder and key reader fix the starting problem?

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
mate, buying a non running computer controlled car was a risk
start fixing what you know is wrong and hope for the best
if it was me i would buy a BCM and matching keyhead from wreckers, repair wiring, then get someone to link new BCM to PCM
replace key reader
see what happens
and then crank angle sensor
good luck