Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

5ltr vn no spark

jester.101

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn 5ltr
hey just looking for a bit of advice i have just brought a written of vn for the engine and running gear but cannot get car to start it turns over but has no spark and cannot hear fuel pump or any relays, interior of car is stripped and wiring is bit of a mess so im trying to work out how to find out if car had a factory immobiliser im not sure if it was factory ss or just converted to 5ltr and the reason im not sure if it had immobiliser is it does not have a relay for theft horn and there is no connection box for a relay it just says where it would be. any advice where to start would be great. thanks jess

locka

Reaction score
Members Ride
COMMODORE VP SS 5L
couple of things i no of to check for ,

where the computer plugs in , follow the harness back and there is a smaller plug ,
make sure it is plugged derectly to the harness and there is no extra wiring and a black box.. (this is standard imobiliser )

check ur main power wire to fuse box and there is another power wire off possitive terminal that has to be conected as well ..

and just follow the ignition wires back make sure nothing is addaped off them like a relay ( used on aftermarket alarms)

there is a pink wire, this is used for factory imobiliser , you can also put straight power to it to get around it if yu cant find it .

just a few things i thought of hope it helps

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Swap the ignition module and see if that works if the above is no go.

Reaper

jester.101

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn 5ltr
Hey thanks guys i just joined power supply to pink wire on computer and it started first turn. thanks heaps jess