Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

gas research straight gas wiring help desperatley needed

bogan_vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
my vk is stuffed the immobiliser/alarm has died and immobilised my gas system im running a simple b2 convertor and throttlebody setup straight gas i managed to start the car by running wires straight from the battery to the solenoids but that was a real temporary thing see if she starts.has anybody got a wiring diagram so i can rewire the 2 solenoids theres 1 on the firewall with 1 wire and 1 on the b2 convertor with 2 wires on it i need to find out how to make a loom so i can bypass my immobiliser as i need my car for work monday.any help would be appreciated as i cant find nothing on the net.

bogan_vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
anyone know about gas wiring please, car still wont start i hate gra and bloody immobilisers.

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
The immobiliser shouldn't be very difficult to bypass; just trace the wires back until you get to the factory loom and rejoin whatever has been cut.

There is with LPG a means by which the LPG is disabled without the engine running. This can be: an rpm switch - look for a box of electronics the size of a cigarette pack, although it may be integrated into a fuel mixture control unit, a vacuum switch or an oil pressure switch. If you bypass that, it should be temporary. Which of those it is depends on who installed the LPG and what parts they used i.e. there may not be a wiring diagram.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
You can wire it up the same way you did to get it running, but instead of wiring it directly to the battery, use a relay and run the feed from an ignition source.

bogan_vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
You can wire it up the same way you did to get it running, but instead of wiring it directly to the battery, use a relay and run the feed from an ignition source.

so i was right in my assumption that if i run power from the ignition switch via a relay and a seperate fusebox to each of the 3 lockoffs (tank,firewall and mixer) my car should run again? as the immobiliser has disabled them all.

bogan_vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
The immobiliser shouldn't be very difficult to bypass; just trace the wires back until you get to the factory loom and rejoin whatever has been cut.

There is with LPG a means by which the LPG is disabled without the engine running. This can be: an rpm switch - look for a box of electronics the size of a cigarette pack, although it may be integrated into a fuel mixture control unit, a vacuum switch or an oil pressure switch. If you bypass that, it should be temporary. Which of those it is depends on who installed the LPG and what parts they used i.e. there may not be a wiring diagram.

to me its really difficult, theres tonnes of wires on the alarm/immobiliser and theyre all high up under the dash taped into the loom ive only managed to remove the siren and the shock sensors.the alarm dosent even have a brand name on it anywhere.

ps id rather blow a diff than this.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The only thing that is really cut and spliced with the alarm is the main ignition wire, the rest are just connected to the corresponding wires and either supply a current or an earth to that wire to interrupt the signal normally being sent. Rejoin the ignition wire, then remove the power and earth to the alarm module and it should go.

bogan_vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
The only thing that is really cut and spliced with the alarm is the main ignition wire, the rest are just connected to the corresponding wires and either supply a current or an earth to that wire to interrupt the signal normally being sent. Rejoin the ignition wire, then remove the power and earth to the alarm module and it should go.
thanks for your input its much appreciated , im having a crack at making my loom tonight as i bought everything needed but if that fails ill have a look at the ignition wires for wires spliced in.

bogan_vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
its running ,i made a new loom for the gas lockoffs all 3 of them ran it from the ignition switch wire and it works perfectly ..:yahoo: