Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY rear power window switches

Jimmy_d_jr

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Acclaim
Hey guys, stupid question but did the rear power window switches in a by acclaim ever light up, I'm asking because I wanted to replace with a red led, but they haven't ever lit up, so I pulled apart the switch and there is a bulb in there? So no clue if there meant to, but neither do

magnetvh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 381pack
Yep they do. The little globe in it has a green skin on it. The only way u can make it red is put a red skin on it but not the lollie from the deli lmfao.

Jimmy_d_jr

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Acclaim
Yep they do. The little globe in it has a green skin on it. The only way u can make it red is put a red skin on it but not the lollie from the deli lmfao.
Hmm, well any ideas on where I could get these skins from or why they aren't turning on? I don't think it would be a fuse but neither of them light up

magnetvh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 381pack
Try Jaycar mate. They sell all sorts of electrical stuff.

Jimmy_d_jr

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Acclaim
Try Jaycar mate. They sell all sorts of electrical stuff.

Yeh, been to jay car many times :) , don't know if they would have skins though, but I just need to figure out why there not turning on :-$

magnetvh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 381pack
Oh and if there not working they proly blown or come loose inside. There not a normal bulb that u push in, they got a flat plastic electrical plate thing that has two copper bits on each end. U push that into the switch and it clicks in. If there not workin u would have to get another switch and change the skin on them cause I highly doubt it u can replace the globes

Jimmy_d_jr

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Acclaim
Oh and if there not working they proly blown or come loose inside. There not a normal bulb that u push in, they got a flat plastic electrical plate thing that has two copper bits on each end. U push that into the switch and it clicks in. If there not workin u would have to get another switch and change the skin on them cause I highly doubt it u can replace the globes
Well when I had it apart before the looked fine, but I was probing around with the voltmetre before, just on the plug (car side) and I couldn't seem to find a decent voltage in, any idea which pins are for the light, there's 5 in total and split 2 one side 3 the other.

magnetvh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 381pack
Na sorry mate. Wouldn't know. Do u know some1 with a commodore whr u can put thr switch in just to c if they work.
Also I found this. Might not have the size u want but u Neva know. Give em a call.
http://www.autometer.com/cat_accessorieslist.aspx?pid=26

Jimmy_d_jr

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Acclaim
Na sorry mate. Wouldn't know. Do u know some1 with a commodore whr u can put thr switch in just to c if they work.
Also I found this. Might not have the size u want but u Neva know. Give em a call.
Auto Meter
Nah not really lol, and they look like they just do gauges, I'll have to try plugging it in and seeing if the light terminals have voltage, then I could replace with a led hopefully :)

magnetvh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 381pack
Good luck mate. Sorry couldn't help ya out with voltage wire.