Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vp Calais -no speedo after manual conversion

vp calais SV

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp Calais SV enhanced
Hey guys, I'm new to the site but did do abit of searching before asking a question there may have been answers to already.
I've just converted my vp Calais v6 to manual, and it runs ok, but all the speedo related functions don't work, ie no speedo readout, no fuel consumption readout/ km to empty, no cruise control etc. I have found many threads already about fixing this, but non of them seem to apply to the higher body spec, as the wire that is supposed to be cut and joined on the speedo side (and not the ecu side) of the plug above the ecu (passenger footwell) is not the colour that all of the many threads about how to do this specify (purple- trace white). I've looked through a few different wiring diagrams for the instrument cluster and speedo related systems, but I keep finding differences between the models with and without a BCM. And all of the instructions online refer to wires that either don't exist, or do more than one function (so you cant just cut them) if you have a BCM (high spec car). I have a complete manual vn-vp gearbox/console harness that I have tried, I've tried the auto-manual adapter harness that is referred to in the many instructions, and have also tried just bridging the neutral start switch and running the complete auto harness with the speed sensor plugged in. But still no speedo. I tried back-probing the connector and having a helper read out what the multimeter was saying whilst driving, and it appears that I have the required pulses from the speed sensor which I assume should make the speedo work. I also tested the continuity of the speed sensor signal wire from the box to the dash and it all has continuity where it should. Short of the dash itself failing at the same time as I put the manual gear in it, I'm all out of ideas. So if any of you are pretty cluey about getting conversions to work, I'd be very appreciative. Cheers, zach.