Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Battery keeps dying possible electrical problem?

havavb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S Ute
Wasn't sure where to post this, this seemed like the appropriate area. My battery recently went dead (turn out my alternator which decided to run its course. So I replaced the alternator, changed the battery, it went dead, so I changed back to my old battery (which I previously charged). It started up fine (this was yesterday) today I jumped in the car and it didn't start up as healthy as it normally would. Went to a friends, we had the doors open (interior light on) spraying some old crc in the joints, went to start her up and bang the battery's dead. It's really gotten to me know. My friends dad whom is a mechanic reckons my power wire to my amp is the problem, I can't see how so considering I've ran the same thing in my unregistered car that never left the back yard, if that's the problem how do I wire the damn thing up so it doesn't drain my battery, I'm not made of money and don't plan to buy a new battery every 2 days. He said to cut the wire and put some sort of switch in to toggle when the amp gets power, no idea how to do it or it could even be done. I just wanted people's thoughts/opinions. I don't really require the car this week, though I can't have this happening next week when I have school. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

znzz

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
There are 2 blue wires coming from your stereo blue and blue with white stripe. The blue one is the remote power switch for your amp. Connect this to the rem terminal on your amp and it will cut power to the amp when the stereo is turned off

havavb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S Ute
Yeah that's the remote control, it's all connected properly, it has the blue light come on when it has power, and it goes off when the car is switched off (meaning no power). I clicked the car over 5 minutes ago, and all went well, switched it off and waiting a minute or so tried again and perfect. Usually I fix something on the car, and another thing goes wrong, maybe this is just one of them things that fixes itself. It sure has me gob smacked, I'm usually good with the problems that occur but this one is just a predicament for me

havavb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S Ute
It's all good, found the problem, seems my light in my boot decided to constantly on, so I snipped the earth wire.