Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Central locking wiring colours and alarm installation negative trigger from BCM

dmac1968

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VN Group A Commdore
NOTE: Gave this the wrong heading, it should read "VT Central locking" and NOT "VY Central Locking"... although I am guessing that there is a good chance it would be applicable to a VY, and even more so a VX.

Hey All,

I looked and looked for weeks and couldn't find this information on ANY web site using Google and so now that I have the information I thought I would share it so nobody else has the same dramas I had trying to figure it out for myself.

Firstly, both the LOCK DOOR and UNLOCK DOOR wires are NEGATIVE TRIGGER.

The UNLOCK DOOR wire is the light green and yellow (light green wire with yellow stripe) that comes from the drivers door into the side of the BCM. You need to remove driver side kick panel to get to it. Simply strip a bit of the coating off this wire then solder the NEGATIVE UNLOCK TRIGGER wire from your alarm to this wire and you're in business.

THE LOCK DOOR wire is BROWN and WHITE wire (brown wire with white stripe) that comes (again) from the drivers door up through the kick panel in the same loom as the unlock wire. Simply strip this wire, solder the NEGATIVE UNLOCK TRIGGER wire from your alarm to this wire, wrap some insulation tape around it and you are in business.

Your alarm will now lock and unlock your car doors as it is supposed to. I have to say though, I can't believe that I couldn't find this information on the web. Hopefully now the google spider will index this information accordingly and make it easier for the next punter who comes along and needs to do this themself!

Enjoy,
DeanO

Last edited:

dmac1968

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VN Group A Commdore
The heading of this was supposed to be VT, not VY. Buggered if I can find the option to delete this post / thread.