Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Airbag light on VU

birchy88

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vu ss ute (monaro body kit)
hey all im to this site, i have a 2001 vu ss ute, not long after i changed the battery over, i bottomed out the front of car, then the airbag light came on, i sent it into autoco to fix it which they did, but the light came back on 3 days later, so i took it back in then it lasted a couple hours, then the third time it only lasted about 15 mins, they said they were getting a scrambled code and either id have to replace the spring on the sensor or have to replace the full airbag set up, i took it to one of the local holden spares places who put it on the computer and tried for about an hour to try and get into the airbags computer but it wouldnt let him in, he said seeing he couldnt get in there could be something wrong with the computer it self.

has anyone else had this problem?, anyone know what it is and how to fix it, cause the spring is about $300 alone and the airbag set up in the steering wheel was quoted at $500, and im guessing the computer is acouple of thousand.

so can some one help me or tell me how i can disconnect the airbag, cause no one will pass it through rego cause the lights on cheers.

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International / VS GTS-R Replica!
I would just get a diagnostic machine to take the light of the cluster :) But its better to get fixed.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
A failed ABS module can cause lack of comms with a few modules such as the SRS module.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
I would just get a diagnostic machine to take the light of the cluster :) But its better to get fixed.

Fairly retarded idea considering all airbags and pretensioners are disabled when the SRS light is illuminated.