Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Diodes for Door trim lights

MattaY[s2]

BEA5TN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Executive
Hey guys i'm in the process of wireing up my courtesy lights when i encoured a problem. The LHF, LHR and the RHR all come on together regardless of which door is open closed apart from the drivers. I read a thread saying if i chuck in some diodes it fixes the problem. What i want to know is will these ones work?

eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d

Yes i'm being cheap thanks =)

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
yes they will do the trick
a bag of 100 from jaycar is only about $10 try buying there first

MattaY[s2]

BEA5TN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Executive
Ahh sweet alright man i'll drop passed after work... btw Maybe you can give me your opinion on this... i am wondering how i'm going to wire the pasenger side and pasenger rear? Should i run a wire from the interior light wire in 'A' pillar all the way around the back seats and to the lights? OR should i tap into the glovebox wire and run down from there... I dont really know how to get to that wire so if you do could you tell me? if not your opinion is better bahaha thanks.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
The factory runs from the same circuit as the interior light so that would be my 1st choice
I am a stickler for making accessories easy to diagnose later on if there is a problem
if it was me i would run orange/black from fuse box under steering column or
to run from interior light . remove interior light and headliner trim around door openings then using a bit of yellow tongue(the strip on sheet flooring)
pull an orange/black wire from interior orange/black to courtesy lights then white/blue to white/blue of door switches between diode and switch (for each door)
put diode in each original wire with band facing to switch
or use correct dual pole door switches

Last edited:

MattaY[s2]

BEA5TN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Executive
Man i'm really new to this electrical stuff so forgive me dumbness.. I think what your saying is run a wire from interior light down the other pillar on the other side? I had that idea aswell but didnt want to #### my roof lining up... would going from the glove box power be easier you think?

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
that's why you slide the yellowtongue between the headlining won't have to remove or damage headlining
or go straight from fuse box
glovebox will work but is a different circuit and may make diagnostics harder if you have a fault later on

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
diodes go in your existing white/blue wiring in door pillar to switch wire, diode goes with band facing to switch
new connection between diode and switch

Last edited:

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
I thought it was normal for all the lights to come on regardless of which door is open.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
in genuine system only the open door courtesy light and interior light(if switched to door) come on