Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

BCM removal from loom

VSEXEC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXECUTIVE
Hi guys,
I want to cut out some things from my loom to save having so much wiring. Its for a trackcar so I want to know if i cut the bcm out will everything still work. I only want the relays and fuses to stay and the wiring for lights, indicators, wipers and abs and just want to know if the bcm can be cut out.
Thanks

azazeldeath

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Holden Commodore Wagon w/3.8L Buick
Your trolling right?
If not you need the BCM its the computer that tells your engine what to do basically.

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
Your trolling right?
If not you need the BCM its the computer that tells your engine what to do basically.

yeah thats the ecu mate, bcm is just for everything else in your car. still need the bcm as it has the security stuff but this can be bipassed if needed if you wanted to remove the bcm itself.

if your car is a dedicated track car things like lights and wipers can easily be wired without the bcm, why do you still want the abs?

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
BCM controls door locks/deadlock, windscreen wipers, electric windows, turn indicators, headlights, interior light/door switches, theft deterent led, cruise control, power antenna. I think that is almost all.
The part you will have trouble with is the BCM sends out a starter enable signal. I have read that a change can be made to the ecu program to ignore this signal.

VSEXEC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXECUTIVE
Your trolling right?
If not you need the BCM its the computer that tells your engine what to do

What gave you the idea i was trolling?
It was a serious question

VSEXEC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXECUTIVE
yeah thats the ecu mate, bcm is just for everything else in your car. still need the bcm as it has the security stuff but this can be bipassed if needed if you wanted to remove the bcm itself.

if your car is a dedicated track car things like lights and wipers can easily be wired without the bcm, why do you still want the abs?

I was hoping i could cut it out but im drawing up a loom for all i need
now. Not to sure if abs is staying it all depends on if i can fit the exhaust for my turbo through and
i wanted it on a switch for when i do different events

VSEXEC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXECUTIVE
I think the signal might be when you get VATS removed. Thanksfor the help guys