Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Aerial goes up, Aerial goes down!!!!

willsbrook

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0L Ute, 1961 XK Ford
VR 5.0L Ute Aerial Problem

I have 2 buttons on the centre console just below the radio, one is to raise the Aerial, the other is to lower it, problem is when I raise the aerial and release the button, the Aerial goes down on it's own,

I am wondering if the Aeriel is buggered or is the "Down" button jammed up somehow???

Cheers Paul

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
sounds normal. if you have an aftermarket unit it will usually extend the aerial when you switch to radio, then you should be able to adjust the aerial up and down. if the unit is on the cd player or something it should lower the aerial, you can push the up button but will automatically retract.

willsbrook

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey Guy's,

Yeah, It is an Aftermarket Unit, Pioneer Head Set, Guess the Guy who put it in didn't wire it properly, Gonna have to go thru the wiring, and try locate the proper wire.

Don't suppose you know what "ILL" means, it's a label on one of the wires, I have labels on the "Battery"," Accessories"," Remote" and the one with "ILL", Assuming the "Earth" Wire is the Black one!!

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
ILL is illumination

you need to hook the "remote" wire to the yellow/red wire in the loom

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
Problem is with Pioneer headunits dont have a separate antennatrigger wire, so they only way is to do as hak said..

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
leats his is a semi automatic antenna, he can just wind it down as far as he wants, even with the unit on

willsbrook

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks for your help Guy's, But, Looks like I gotta pull the whole thing out and re-wire it, Dunno who put it in (was there when I bought the car) But, there's a million wires going in all directions behind the head unit. Wanna put new speakers in anyway!!

Thanks again.

Cheers Paul