Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Aerial problems

redhot.

NA, Open Diff, Auto
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2
Hey all,
I recently just replaced my single stack cd player with a Clarion VX401A. It was profesionaly installed and everything went sweet. Then I decided to put the car up for sale and take out the head unit and put the standard one back in. I have now changed my mind to not sell it (I know, i cant make my mind up) and put the Clarion head unit back in, now here is the problems, the aerial sometimes doesnt come up but when it does come up about 2-3 minutes later it come back down, and it resets itself sometimes (time goes back to 1:00 am).
I know that i'm a bit of a retard but could someone please help!

Cheers.

Catchy

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT Executive
Need a tad more info, still using the standard aerial that comes with the vy or aftermarket? (reason I ask is i snapped mine off so i have an after market one).

Plugged in all the necessary connectors into the right headunit plugs? Sticky connection?

redhot.

NA, Open Diff, Auto
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2
Standard aerial, i have the wiring harness as well, disconnected wires then reconnected, reset head unit.
Just a bit confused that it worked fine and now its giving me grief.

Catchy

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT Executive
Something somewhere isn't going correctly. I aint no aerial whiz but correct amperage is getting to the aerial? aka headunit is sending enough power?