Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Interior light

Kev wh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh statesman
My interior light fuse keeps blowing checked all globes and fittings all looks good.machanic couldn't find prob but narrowed it down to behind fuse box undr dash assembly.before I take it to a sparky as I do not know any or trust one has any body come across this problem

m1lky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I have this problem in my vy. If I take the relay out the fuse doesn't blow. Havnt worked out where the short is, just havnt had an interior light for 9 months

Android

Reaction score
Website
www.androidsnetwork.com
Members Ride
VE SV6 MY9.5
Have you got a Multi-meter? If not get one, so handy...
Remove the globe(s) from your interior, remove the Negative terminal from the battery then check the resistance across the terminals where the globes go. If its a short circuit, pull the fuse and relay if fitted.
It may very well be a short circuit in the wiring loom from the fuse to the lights(s). If you measure near to zero ohms with the globe(s) removed, there is probably a short in the wiring, probably near a corner. If you measure from chassis to both wires and its near zero ohms as well, measure from the lamp side of the fuse to the chassis. If it is also near zero ohms, you have proved that the power feed for the globes is short circuit to earth.

Wat Hertz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim Wagon
I have a similar problem. but when i put a new fuse in the lights work fine in all positions . as soon as i start the car the it blows. Still fault finding:bang:

m1lky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I found my short. Looks like a factory problem

Found the short. getting ready to sell it served as motivation.

Appears to be a factory issue. The wire to roof is mounted under the drivers seat belt and has worn through. All working now.

ubaqezut.jpg