Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

constant +12v in doors

Jimmy_d_jr

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Acclaim
Anyone know of any? Just had a quick probe and couldn't seem to find any

Ghost

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Commodore berlina Sedan 1996
Nope but unless its something that's light on battery power it will be a waste of time you will always have a flat battery

Sent From My Galaxy S2 Using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Jimmy_d_jr

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Acclaim
Led strip, have a switch for the neg, or is there any that provide power when the door is open, really don't wanna have to run wires from the interior light

Ghost

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Commodore berlina Sedan 1996
You could put the leds in the foot wells and wire it under the dash and try tapping into the door switch I'm not to sure though alternatively if there is a light near your ignition tap into that wire that way the lights will turn on once the car is unlocked and will turn back off once the cars started I'm thinking about it now lol

Sent From My Galaxy S2 Using Tapatalk 2

Jimmy_d_jr

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Acclaim
Well I planned on having the strips under the door and to have them turn on individually ie like door lights on Calais etc as I already have another set of door switches :) but looks like I'll have to take power from the interior light :-\

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
you should be able to source the power feed to the interior light from under the dash, then just T off to each of your doors. Its fun feeding the wires through the rubber grommit and in to the tubes to ur doors. old wire coathanger and racing tape does wonders!

Jimmy_d_jr

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Acclaim
Ahah and don't I know it, I've run speaker wire through the fronts :-\ , but whereabouts on the dash, because I was just going to try find it from the b pillar

Jonno

:)
Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
electric mirrors one for when the ignition is on.. when its off.. interior light switch?

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
Calais have the 'puddle lights' in the door trim already, so unless there is a free plug lying around you will have to run new wiriing into the door, which is what Phreddy on here had to do when he installed Calais door lights into a friends car, as there would be no other constant +ve source.

Jimmy_d_jr

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Acclaim
Calais have the 'puddle lights' in the door trim already, so unless there is a free plug lying around you will have to run new wiriing into the door, which is what Phreddy on here had to do when he installed Calais door lights into a friends car, as there would be no other constant +ve source.
thats pretty much how i want them to work, ill probably have to go from the b pillar loom for drivers side and maybe from the acyualy light for passengers. how do i access the rear door gromet had a look today, and its really low, is it just behind the door sill?