Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is anyone on here an auto electrician?

VSEXEC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXECUTIVE
Hi guys,
Im after an auto electrician on here so I can ask a few quick questions.
Thanks

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Just post your question here please so that it can be asked publicly and assist not only yourself but others.

VSEXEC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXECUTIVE
Im looking into making a loom for the racecar and all I want to run is, lights, indicators, wiper (just the highest speed) fuel pumps, and ignition which will be relayed and linked to toggle switches. I also want to have the relays for mains, start, abs, igntion & fuel pumps. I will also add a few things ie, oil pressure warning light, water temp warning light. I want to remove the bcm as well so my question is if I make this loom will the car still be able to run with the factory ecu as I've pulled my old loom out and notice alot of the wires go through to the ecu connections. I will have VATS removed aswell. Hope this makes sense. Thanks

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
you will need to find a detailed diagram of the ecu, my brother is doing a similar thing putting a 6l lq9 motor in his nissan patrol. managed to find some really good diagrams which basically showed which wires needed ignition feeds, constant battery feeds and which wires need to be earthed. alot of wiring was actually removed from the harness as alot of it wasnt needed.

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
Get yourself a gregorys workshop manual for the car, just looked through my old VS one and has diagrams of the ecu with all the pins and where they go.

VSEXEC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXECUTIVE
Thanks for the helo mate, so the car will run as long as everything hooks back up to the ecu thats meant to.

VSEXEC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXECUTIVE
Thanks mate