Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LED Dash conversion questions

Ghost

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Commodore berlina Sedan 1996
The led globes with the four little dots are the best ones but they may not be bright enough be cause of the green film behind the gauges I just put white ones in mine made my cluster so much brighter also get a couple of white ones for the Parker's they look so much better then the crappy amber ones

Sent From My Galaxy S2 Using Tapatalk 2

Jake.7410

Reaction score
Members Ride
The led globes with the four little dots are the best ones but they may not be bright enough be cause of the green film behind the gauges I just put white ones in mine made my cluster so much brighter also get a couple of white ones for the Parker's they look so much better then the crappy amber ones

Sent From My Galaxy S2 Using Tapatalk 2

i want to put white ones in my dash but th rest like air con and key and stuff ill put blue.... would this kit be good or not?

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
4 a VY they r totally different 2 the VT/VX so u'll need SMD LEDs and some 3mm and 5mm normal LEDs.

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS

Jake.7410

Reaction score
Members Ride
could you give me a list of how much of each?

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
could you give me a list of how much of each?

i cant sorry man unless u buy a DYI kit from us then i can. but as axemurderer said they r all soldered in place and r not plug n play so u would need 2 have some soldering skills also

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
i cant sorry man unless u buy a DYI kit from us then i can. but as axemurderer said they r all soldered in place and r not plug n play so u would need 2 have some soldering skills also

how hard is the soldering to do this yourself and what is the potential of risk? im interested in a DIY kit cos i might find it hard finding time to go to sydney on the same weekend Phreddy can

ive done a bit of work soldering, some more intricate stuff to. but a dash cluster is a bit different to a multicolour LED strip haha and does it come with detailed instructions on how to pull everything apart?

Thanks

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
how hard is the soldering to do this yourself and what is the potential of risk? im interested in a DIY kit cos i might find it hard finding time to go to sydney on the same weekend Phreddy can

ive done a bit of work soldering, some more intricate stuff to. but a dash cluster is a bit different to a multicolour LED strip haha and does it come with detailed instructions on how to pull everything apart?

Thanks

The main 1 u gotta look out 4 is the cluster and desoldering the LCD screen, if u dont get that desoldered properly or heat up the contacts 2 much u can damage it, or cause a fault in the cluster which can b costly 2 replace or fix. if u got a steady hand and can work with tweezers 4 the tiny smd LEDs 4 most of it u should b fine if ur confident enough. yeah it does come with awsome instructions that was a massive plus in the hard work Greg has done 2 provide such detailed instructions 2, u'll see wat i mean wen u get them. contact Greg (pheddy) himself as i cant provide the instructions only he can. if u get stuck or not sure im sure u guys could work somthing out together aswell.