Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VN] Central Locking Kit

firstvn

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN Berlina
Hi,

So I've read various threads here and on other forums, but I couldn't find an answer to my question.

I have a central locking kit that I'm looking to install in my 89 VN. I have previously removed and replaced the rear passenger exterior door handle, so I have a good idea of how things work, so installing the actuators shouldn't be too hard.

The only thing I'm not 100% on at the moment is the fuse. I have attached a picture of the connection, but I'm guessing most kits would be the same.

IMG_20120501_131421.jpg

My question is whether it would be possible to just ditch this connection and wire it straight into the factory fuse box under the dash (No.6 is the power doors fuse).

If so, what would be involved in doing this?

Also, the White and Brown wires (Car Alarm System), do I just leave those unplugged, or can I remove them from the loom plug? And where does the ground wire go to on the chassis? Just on the sides of the fuse box at those metal connectors?

Thanks,
Nathan