Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Injector pulses

rrbm

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
Hi guys i have a vl commodore speedway car and ive put a vp v6 motor in it, the problem i have is theres no injector pulses?? I have spark, fuel pump works, which is controlled by the computer, efi relay works, what could my problem be??? I have wired up plenty of vn v6's before and have never had this problem, the only thing i can think it could be is that anti theft module?? all ive done is put 12+ to the pink wire it should work?? or does the anti theft put a different voltage in??

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
On VN or VP the anti-theft just cuts the ignition switched input to the ECM, via either the anti-theft module or over ride switch. That's at 'A6'. Maybe check that at the ECM rather than just trust that the pink wire is connected to it.

You might also check as to whether or not the 12V is still present at 'A6' while cranking.

There will be no inj. pulses without a crank signal in from the DFI module so you should have a frequency signal (tach. signal) across B5 and B3. The shortcut check is to see if there's 5V on D5 while cranking (vs 0V ign. 'on' only) as that is switched when the crank signal indicates over 450rpm.

The terminal assignements for the ECM are moulded into the connector blocks.

rrbm

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
Thanks cheap6, a mate brought round a light that plugs into injector plug and found that it was pulsing, seems in my haste to get the car running i hooked the fuel lines up backwards so no fuel!!!! awell at least it was an easy fix!!