Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ex police vz wagon lighting issue

chris_bexsta

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 sv6 3.6 vz comodore executive wagon hsv kit
I just recently purchased a 2005 vz wagon ex cop I have noticed no interior lights work at all there is a push button on centre console when presed turns on front interior dome lights the 2 individual switches work as standard on dome lights but the tailgate interior and glovebox and ignition lights don't work. When I looked under the steering wheel at the main fuse board there is a feed coming from interior lights when removed and a 10 amp fuse is inserted glovebox Light will work and interior tailgate light will work and ignition light but front dome ceases all functions any idea on how to fix will be awesome or even a wiring diagram as all I have found is the centre console switch is to kill all lights not turn on front dome lights

chris_bexsta

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 sv6 3.6 vz comodore executive wagon hsv kit
After having a look and a think the main switch on lights has been killed somehow and rewired to push switch on centre console now I have to figure out where the circuit is broken does anyone know or have any information on where the wiring runs from the switch on front interior lights to the fuse board under steering wheel so I can try and find the cut in wire to link it to the push switch on console

St_Gabriel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive 914 pack
I see this is an old thread, but I have an 05 VZ sedan ex-police with the same issue, have you had any luck with finding a solution?

Old thread but if it saves someone some time it is worth it.

Just checked out my 2005 vz, switch never worked for the interior light, disassembled the console, no wires to the switch. They had been cut off and the plug discarded. The wires of note were cut close to the grey surround of the shifter. They were in a bit of 10mm black sleeving, the colouring was: orange/black OB to orange/blue OL, and Yellow Y to Yellow Green YG. Just joined the wires as mentioned and left the switch out of the circuit.

Cheers

Should also note this was a New Zealand detectives car from Taranaki but purchased in the Waikato (in case different areas employ differing methods to butcher the cars on removal)

Last edited: