Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ex Police Car revert Internal lighting to standard

chris_bexsta

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 sv6 3.6 vz comodore executive wagon hsv kit
I have been doing a bit of digging in my VZ satin wagon and have found the wire for the light kill switch runs from centre console to the fuse box under steering wheel where it draws power of a feed on interior illumination fuse position with a inline fuse but then the cable disappears into the dash where it seems to head into the centre area of the car.

Does anyone know where they would intercept the standard factory wiring as i don't want to pull my whole dash to bits if not needed if anyone has any experience on this it would be awesome. All the factory wiring is there it is just trying to find the point as to where they upset the factory loom.

The reason why i want to do this is because if i have glovebox light or tailgate light i get no reading lamp globes at all unless i plug the add on back into fuse bored and press the button on my centre console all lights front passenger and rear passenger work but then no glovebox or tailgate.

chris_bexsta

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 sv6 3.6 vz comodore executive wagon hsv kit
Yeah I have done that but then I have no globe lights completely by putting the fuse back in all I get is tailgate light glovebox light ignition light back