Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY VZ Executive head light switch.

mad.mackie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
May have been asked elsewhere but i cant find it :(

iv got a VZ Exec and have put the sv6 body kit on it

yes i know, you all know where this leads to... Fog lights.

my Question is, is there a difference between the exec and ss/calias headlight switch?
meaning do the Exec switches have the Fog light function or is is only on the calais/SS ext.. models??

im and apprentice auto elec, so wiring them up isnt a worrie, easy done, just wanted to know if i need a different switch or not?

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
Pull your headlight switch out (towards you) - thats how its done on my calais but still could be a different switch

03gto

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV 2003 GTO Coupe
As far a I am aware you need an SS switch. It pulls out to turn on fog lights. My VY SV8 had the loom for foglights already there. Just had to change headlight switch, install fog light relay and wire lights to connectors behind front bar. VZ Exec may not have the same loom though.

Shooter03

Nek Minnit
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz wagon
be interesting to see how this turns out man as i am looking at something similar, keep us posted.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
simply the switches that can b used 4 fog lights have a fog light symbol on the dial, the others dont, and as above have said the dial pulls out 2 turn them on.

mad.mackie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
yeah figured that out last night lol had my test light on the switch and saw 2 spare terminals and probed them and... nothing :( looked in the fuse box and no pins :( and i wanna keep it as stock looking as possable soo gonna throw a few pins in the relay box and run the neccasary wires and get the new switch, and see how i go lol,

anybody have the wireing diagram for the hedlight/foglight system ?? wanna know if the foggies or wired to power or off igntn or anything :)