Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Air/Fuel Gauge doesnt read right

monkeyboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6 SIDI
Hey guys,

Had my air/fuel gauge installed today but there's a depressing problem. The gauge reads '10' and doesn't move at all. It's a Prosport Evo digital gauge installed by guys who do wiring and instrument calibration for track cars so I assume the problem isn't with the install.

The gauge has a control module which they reckon must be the problem. It powers up fine, but the calibration button on the control module does nothing when you press it, which is why the auto elec reckons the module is the problem. When the 02 sensor is disconnected, the gauge still reads '10'.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience or knows what the specific problem might be. The gauge came with a wideband 02 sensor which has been tested and is fine.

I've emailed the seller and am awaiting a response. Any suggestions would be great because I don't know much about this stuff.

monkeyboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6 SIDI
It's a digital one made by Prosport..the series it belongs to is Evo. What probs did you have with the Glowshift gauge? Was it an air/fuel gauge and did you identify/solve the problem?

I've been hanging out to get the gauges installed and it's really annoying they aren't working right The oil pressure gauge came with a T-piece that had a larger thread and wouldn't fit. The auto elec is sourcing a correct piece so that'll be fixed soon..but the control module/control box for the air/fuel gauge seems to be acting up. :(