Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN V6 Trying to get it to run on the floor

s1mon

Reaction score
Members Ride
Suzuki Sierra
Hi All

As the title suggests I am trying to get a VN V6 to run, I want to make sure it runs before I put it in to a rockcrawler project.

This is what I tried today
I have wired C16 and B1 to +ve 12v on the battery (orange/black wire on the 6 pin plug)
I have wired the injectors to +ve 12v on the battery (orange/red wire on the 6 pin plug)
I have wired a relay to control the fuel pump which seems to cut in and out with the ignition
I have the fuel pump going into a jerry can and the fuel return going in the jerry can, there is fuel coming out of the fuel return when the engine is cranking so I would assume there is fuel pressure in the injector rail
I have +ve 12 going to the pink wire on the 10 pin plug for the ignition

The problem I am having is there is no fuel coming through the injectors, so the engine cranks but won't fire, there is spark, and when I spray aerostart in the throttle body it fires.

Just wondering if I have missed something obvious or any ideas as to why its not starting

Cheers
Simon

Last edited: