Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ECU/BCM issue questions!

jetpilot888

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VS racer; Ford Focus; Lexus IS200; Rodeo
G'day
im in the process of building my vs commodore into a circuit car for improved production, for the time being ill be running factory loom/ecu etc etc. first problem is removal of the factory loom. i got the rear section out that runs from the boot to the drivers door and the dash loom out fine. the issue is the main loom through the drivers side has a fuse box on both sides of the firewall, and im wondering how to get this out? or if i have to unpin one of them. i heard that they come out through the engine bay too. my next question is what can be cut or rather what cant be cut from the factory loom? basically all i want is the loom to run the engine and wipers, tail-lights and headlights. everything else i can run later if needed. so when the loom is out i can unwrap it and re-work it and put it back in.
any help is much appreciated!
cheers

budwizer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn
cut it all out and run a custom loom, all you need is power and an ignition switches to activate them. then various other switches for the headlights, wipers etc.. turning off VATs in the ecu will able you to get rid of the bcm, as long as you don't care about intermittent wipers etc.. how good are you with electrics? maybe shoot me a pm if you have anymore questions:)