Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

where is my bcm???

fatt91

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 vq statesman
hi guys,this may be a silly question,but where would i find the bcm in my vq statesman.mydrivers door unlocks with the key but the others dont budge,it seems they are deadlocked.any suggestions? my vq does not have a remote or the lock in the glovebox either...hopeyouguys can helpcoz its doin my head in..cheers..

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
If you are having trouble with the door locks, first try to reset the BCM by doing the following-
Turn the ignition off, open the bonnet and remove the engine compartment relay/fuse housing cover.
Remove the fuel pump fuse for around 10 seconds.Replace the fuse.
The BCM is correctly reset if a clicking sound is heard coming from within the BCM,the interior courtesy lamp illuminates,and the theft deterrent indictaor flashes.

fatt91

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 vq statesman
i thought the bcm was stuffed coz my door locks wont work so i was going to put another one in.. Am i doing the wrong thing??

fatt91

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 vq statesman
thankyou brett, i will give it a try after work tommoz and let you know what happens..

fatt91

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 vq statesman
tried what you said brett, i removed both fuel pump fuses and still nothing.. could it be a buggered actuator??

dastato

Reaction score
Members Ride
vq statesman
bcm

When sitting in the car can you lock/unlock all doors by pushing the drivers door lock down

fatt91

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 vq statesman
hi dastato, no mate, the rear doors and the passenger doors seem to be dead locked, really stiff to pull up...