Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vx power window wiring

BBM131

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
Alright. So I have broken my manual window regulator in my vx exec. I am wondering how to find the cables for the power window regulators. I know the wiring for the switch in the centre is there. But I cant find any spare cables in the doors.

I have found two plugs near the fuses under my steering are these for the windows?

hope someone can help.

Thanks

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
You will need new door looms, the wires for the electric windows are not already there if you have manual windows.
I suppose you could ad the wires to the existing loom but it would be more difficult as you would need the right connectors.

MattaY[s2]

BEA5TN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Executive
I have some door looms for you that i would be willing to let go for like 30 bucks lol and there calais ones aswell so you have the extra wires for the lights in the doors.... I changed my VX from manual regs to power regs a while back....... it took a day but was well worth the effort... You will need to check your BCM aswell though and make sure you have a "MID" bcm and not a "LO" You can check by just sticking your hand under the steering wheel near the fuse box and you should see the bcm there.. (its just a grey box) Should say "MID" or "LO" Keep in mind if you upgrade this you will need to recalibrate your car to the new BCM or the car wont start... AAnd you need one of those computer thingos to do that.. Someone here might do it for you but if not do to your car electricition and he'll do it for you.. Ask him how much he wants though.. I thought it was free when he did mine and he changed me 50 and i only had 30 bucks in 2 dollar keys lol..Let me know if you need help =)

Matt.

BBM131

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
hey mate, the wiring you have for the power windows. will you post them to newcastle in NSW? ill give you the postage costs too.

as for the bcm. its the right one, mid, so all should be good :)

talk soon
ben

FauxSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX2 Executive
Hi guys,

I have just purchased a VX SS interior inc power window regulators, switches and also the Body Loom. To be totally honest though, the electrical part really confuses me so i would prefer to get someone who knows what they are doing to hook me up.

Do any of you know someone in brisbane that can do this??

Cheers

Shaun