Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Power cable from tub to cabin!!!

Jake.7410

Reaction score
Members Ride
does anyone know how to get a cable into the cabin from the tub??

i need to run power to the tub but i dont know how to get it from the front end to the back... there seems to be a rubber grommet behind the shelf on the inside of the cabin.....
IMG_1710.jpg

But i dont know how to take it out...

i reached in from the tub and could feel it... i followed the cables for the brake lights....

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!! THIS IS KILLING ME!!!

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
In the VS there is a rubber grommet behind the drivers seat at the bottom in the corner, just slice it smaller then the cable and feed cable through, it will seal enough. I done this 3 years ago, and not a drop of water in the cab on a car that lives outside.

Jake.7410

Reaction score
Members Ride
In the VS there is a rubber grommet behind the drivers seat at the bottom in the corner, just slice it smaller then the cable and feed cable through, it will seal enough. I done this 3 years ago, and not a drop of water in the cab on a car that lives outside.

Yeah there is a grommet behind the drivers seat but I can get to it unless I take out the petrol tank or take out that shelf behind the seat inside the cabin which I don't know how to do..

Jake.7410

Reaction score
Members Ride
can you feed the wire through the grommet using the zip tie trick?

Hey mate thanks for your reply.. I just ran it through the cabin pressure vents... Chek out my ride thread to see the end result ;) just out of curiosity... What is the zip tie trick?