Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vn wiring problems

juzzyvk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn s commodore
hi everyone i have a vn that the previous owner put a vr statesman interior in with all the electrics the problem is he did a **** job at it and now that i got the on the road there seems to be a few electrical problems popping up, one problem is i cant get any fault codes and the engine warning light comes on every time i drive, the central locking plays up and the immobilizer plays up from time to time. i want to keep the dash and just replace the wiring harness for the whole car with one from another statesman so i know there is no short cuts been taken with the wiring, because the car is a v6 do i have to use another one from a v6 or can a v8 be used, look forward to any answers and thanks in advanced.

juzzyvk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn s commodore
Is there anyone that knows if I can use a wiring harness from a v8 in a v6 I can get one from a friend and hopefully solve my electrical problems

ducko

Reaction score
Members Ride
ute
i just put a whole body loom from a V6 stato into a V8 ute and everything works properly except the trip computer... but the doner car was a VQ s2 stato and my ute a VG
was a bitch of a job to do though..be WARNED its not a quick and easy thing to do

juzzyvk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn s commodore
Thanks for the warning it's something I am considering it will be a last resort if I go that way