Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz Ss hi-beam hid lighting

Deepo1985

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz sv6
Hey , I have just followed another thread on here converting my low beams to hid's ... I have a spare set of 35 watt ballasts laying around so thought I'd try use them for converting my hi-beams ... Should I use the 35 watt ballasts or should I get 55 watt ballasts ? Also on the thread I followed it explained which wire was + and - on the original loom for the low beam but does anyone know which one is which for the hi -beam ... I was just gonna try it as the globes I have fit the plug and don't need to be inserted into the terminals separately so if it didn't work one way then it would work the other way but don't wanna blow anything up ....

Deepo1985

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz sv6
Hey just thought I'd confirm from what Iv found and tried for anyone converting Vz Ss / calais headlights to HID's both low and high beam and also anyone that has changed sv6 headlights to the Ss or Calais headlights , this has already been said millions of times but I spent forever trying to get answers and stuff .... The h9 high beam original wires are red wire = - ( negative) and the red with white stripe wire = + ( positive ) , the h11 low beam is red wire with white stripe = + ( positive ) and the red wire with blue stripe = - ( negative ) .... Also if you had an sv6 like I do and after changing to the Ss/Calais ones you want to make your low beam stay on when you turn your hi-beam on you need to open the steering wheel covers and pull out the indicator stalk then unplug the harness that is plugged to it ( watch which one you do because one is for cruise control if the vehicle is fitted with it ) ,you then need to prop the white wire and also the white wire with black stripe out of their connectors on the plug ... Then bridge them together and re-insert them back into their original spots on the plug ... Hope that helps anyone who has been trying to get answers and info like I have been for a while now ...