Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

No Electrical Power to VR

v8sruleok

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Stato
Hi all, I'm desperate for help. The car is a VR Stato V8. It has been off the road for nearly 3 years, originally it had a problem which I have not resolved but understand could be coil, hall effect sensor, or ignition module. The engine has been out of the car in that time, but is now reinstalled. I believe I have hooked up the wiring harness correctly, all connectors joined etc, and earths established as per original setup, except the coil is not yet connected, and the dizzy cap and leads are not installed.
So that is the intro.

I have connected the battery (fully charged) to the terminals.......and nothing. No power to the car at all, no circuits are live. Positive to earth across the alternator gives a strong spark. I believe that the remotes on the keys are probably dead after all this time (don't know if that's relevant).

Hope you can help, I have not messed with the fuse box(es), all relays and fuses appear intact.

Thanks, Mike.

If I resolve this, then I may have more questions regarding getting the rest sorted.

jesse_lankey

what to put here?
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S3 Ute
It could be the power feed from the battery to the fuse box in the engine bay, if you've had the motor out you might missed this cable

v8sruleok

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Stato
It could be the power feed from the battery to the fuse box in the engine bay, if you've had the motor out you might missed this cable

Okay thanks, I will check these things. I only have a test light to check whether the circuit from the battery to the 60A main fuse is live.

Another question. If the remotes are dead is that going to be a problem?

jesse_lankey

what to put here?
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S3 Ute
A test light should do the trick, I don't think it matters if the battery in the remote is flat, but it might pay to do a search on that one

v8sruleok

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Stato

yes it was that, I didn't remember taking it off the fuse box, so hooked it up to the battery terminal as it looked like that was where it belonged.

Now to move onto the next stage, am getting a ign mod, coil, and dizzy this weekend, so hopefully will be able to get the engine running. If that fails, have to start looking elsewhere, BCM maybe.

Thanks.