Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

help no pulse after conversion

filoralph

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden VG ute
Hi guys,

basically i have a vg ute and when i bought it it had the vs stateman front end and interior except cluster. only electric windows worked and its started fine. so i basically wanted everything to work. after i changed the everything over i dont seem to get get a pulse. i get everything else like fuel pump, igniton, spark etc to work. i pretty sure its a wiring problem bur im not the best with it. i looked at forums and followed a few diagrams. can any1 tell me whats going wrong? bellow is the mods i have done

v6(manual
stock vg manual ecu
vg engine harnest
vs main loom with bcm and key
cs level 3 cluster
vs heater core

the plugs obviously dont fit. my mate said i should convert engine to a vs by changing inlet manifold etc... but i rather not...
i just want everything to work

let me know if you need more details

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Sounds like a BCM issue with the anti theft. Is your key making good contact with the key reader? Is the wire connected to the key reader? (The key reader is the metal ring around the ignition)

filoralph

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden VG ute
yes the central locking works fine. it turns but doesnt want to kick over and start

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
What I am saying is the key making good contact with the ring around the ignition? Does the red immobilsor light go out after unlocking? Or when you turn the key to "on"?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Is the EFI fuse and relay OK?