Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is my PCM dead? Only odometer works

Lashtd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS WAGON
Hi all, I have a VY SV8 with serious problems. Nothing electrical works... I have a post in the VY section but think that this section might be more appropriate and I am not sure how to relocate it so here is the link for more details:

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/vy-holden-commodore-2002-2004/198209-vy-sv8-bcm-complete-failure-odometer-resetting.html

The car had a few issues as mentioned in the link above but then one day just died. Basically the only thing that works is the odometer, and when i try to start it when the key gets to its last position before it would normally crank, the odometer dies too. Only the starter motor responds when bridged, headlights and fuel pump give me nothing. I am stumped.

I had a multimeter in series with the battery and it is drawing 0.9A, I can reduce this to approx 0.4A if I pull the engine fuse. Replacing the battery cables and putting the multimeter across the engine fuse I get approx 0.4A as expected but my low beam relay engages. If I remove the BCM my Idle Air control buzzes intermittently and it draws 0.2 to 0.4A. Removing the PCM drops the current to 0.2A.

What amps should a working VY V8 be drawing if the car is off ?

Getting desperate, really want to avoid the tow/call out to an auto elec

Last edited: