Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

voltage stabiliser

sxi ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr ss
Hi just wondering if anyone has toyed using these kits you see on eBay etc do they work any improvements

FXST01

The Grey Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 Exec
They only reduce the rolling resistance of your wallet.

sxi ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr ss
Yea thats what I was thinking but thought it was worth asking

drewVHSS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
stores.ebay.com.au
Members Ride
'83 VH SS, '79 Green VB SL '92 S2 VQ Caprice
I got suckered into buying on of those a couple of years ago.
Was a nice alloy box with really effective looking heatsink fins on it and 2 8ga cables coming out of it.
I was under the impression it'd have capacitors and stuff in it to store electricity etc as i am aware of jaycar circuits that can raise voltages (i.e. dc 12v to dc 14v with things like bridge rectifiers etc) so i thought this box would have similar circuits in it to that...
Although when i hooked mine up, it didn't seem to do anything, soi got curious and opened it up.... inside the nice big "empty" cavity in the alloy box, the two 8ga cables were imbedded into a big blob of silicone, not connected to anything, no circuits, no electrical components. If something were to happen to those cables inside and they worked free from the silicone blob and shorted out one day... there would have been big problems as the instructions had me connect the voltage stabiliser box directly to the battery. There was no fuse beween the battery and the stabiliser.

If you want to play with volatage stabiliser stuff, look at silicone chips circuits and make your own projects, the ones on ebay will most likely be the same ripoff rorting fake product i was stupid enough to buy.

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
I got suckered into buying on of those a couple of years ago.
Was a nice alloy box with really effective looking heatsink fins on it and 2 8ga cables coming out of it.
I was under the impression it'd have capacitors and stuff in it to store electricity etc as i am aware of jaycar circuits that can raise voltages (i.e. dc 12v to dc 14v with things like bridge rectifiers etc) so i thought this box would have similar circuits in it to that...
Although when i hooked mine up, it didn't seem to do anything, soi got curious and opened it up.... inside the nice big "empty" cavity in the alloy box, the two 8ga cables were imbedded into a big blob of silicone, not connected to anything, no circuits, no electrical components. If something were to happen to those cables inside and they worked free from the silicone blob and shorted out one day... there would have been big problems as the instructions had me connect the voltage stabiliser box directly to the battery. There was no fuse beween the battery and the stabiliser.

If you want to play with volatage stabiliser stuff, look at silicone chips circuits and make your own projects, the ones on ebay will most likely be the same ripoff rorting fake product i was stupid enough to buy.

what did you pay for this empty box lol?