Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Electrical problems

Intheblood

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais L67
My Calais randomly loses all power after shutting down. Sometimes it returns straight away other times it won't. I have checked all fuses they seem ok. I lose everything, can't lock the car, nothing!

vx_commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 'S
Have you checked the battrey terminals?
Im sure you have, But it's all i can think of at the moment.

Also check all main + and - lead's that venture off from the battrey, Like to the main fuse box.

Keggs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman
I had the same issue with a Landcruiser once (yeah I know there different vehicles) After searching for weeks I found that there was a main electrical plug that had overheated and partialy melted the plastic around the contacts causing an intermittent bad conection, however, to look at it,it was fine. To that end, maybe try and check each plug that comes off the battery and check for burning or any other sign of wires being hot.

MayhemOfHell

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 WL Caprice V8 LS1
first thing i would check is the NEGATIVE battery terminal as this needs a good solid connection... For example some cars will allow the accessories to go on, but as soon as you need plenty of amps for things like cranking or hi-beams.. This trips the system and gives the fault of no power...

If not, then you will need to start with a test lamp and try and see where the power feed ends at various terminals/connectors and so on..