Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Electrics/BCM problem????

borrttt

Gday
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina L67 2004
G'day, recently my VY S2 Berlina's electrics started playing up. The problems are as follows:

1.) When i lock the car the indicators dont flash once or hold the flash for the alarm like they always have.

2.) The hazard light button doesnt flash the 4 indicators

3.) The "flash" for high beams doesn't work

Not sure as to whats caused this problem??? BCM issue?

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
alot of commodores have all the indicator/hazard wiring go throught the hazard switch, check that has not failed, you could have a problem with indicator stalk also if you are having hi beam issues, happened to sons car just recently

borrttt

Gday
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina L67 2004
The high beams worked when set to permanently on but they dont work through the flash function. And all indicators work when indicating etc....why its confusing as they dont work in the other functions of hazard and flash to lock

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
could still be switch, pull it out and clean it with some electronic cleaner, my sons high beam worked same as yours, worked fine on permanently but not all the time on flash, and would also come on/flash by themselves, also in the vz you could have a relay fault in the BCM, check this out also, yours could be doing the opposite, VZ_bcm_indicator_fix

DeeVee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais 190 - 2005
As said above I would give the pins on the back of the hazard light switch a clean and make sure the plug hasn't come loose. I was mucking around with my VY (when i had it) and forgot to plug the hazard light switch in and the indicators didn't work at all, no indicating, no hazards (obviously) and didn't flash when I lock the car. so the switch was needed for ALL the functions of the indicators, although they still work then you use the indicator stalk, there maybe a wire loose in the back of the switch or something.