Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Aerial not playing nice.

Dave6179

Reaction score
Members Ride
HJ Belmont, VN Calais, VX SS
G'day, new to this site. The wifes VN Calais has an electric aerial, I fitted another aerial unit a while ago, but when the radio comes on the aerial goes all the way up, then straight back down again. The old one didn't work at all. Could it be the module thats at fault? Auto sparkies just want me to take the car in to them... but I prefer to do all my own work, as I don't trust anyone, and I like to learn stuff all the time.
Cheers, David.

Last edited:

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
does the VN have ariel up and down buttons on the dash, my vs does, could be stuck?

Dave6179

Reaction score
Members Ride
HJ Belmont, VN Calais, VX SS
Yeah, goes up n down with the dash buttons, then again... it goes down as soon as you let the up button go, I'll have to check that too. Cheers.

DJ_Cosmic_Fire

smarter not harder
Reaction score
Website
www.house-mixes.com
Members Ride
VP S-Pack Oct '91 - VT SrsII Wagon
G'day, new to this site. The wifes VN Calais has an electric aerial, I fitted another aerial unit a while ago, but when the radio comes on the aerial goes all the way up, then straight back down again. The old one didn't work at all. Could it be the module thats at fault? Auto sparkies just want me to take the car in to them... but I prefer to do all my own work, as I don't trust anyone, and I like to learn stuff all the time.
Cheers, David.

Did you replace just the aerial or the aerial & the motor? If whole lot as a unit then check grounding of the unit to front guard chassis, check the fuse plus get your multimeter & check continuity. Failing this, pull HU out to check aerial activation wire, after market HU's have two blue wires one for remote trigger (amp/sub etc) & the other for antenna (darker blue with white strip). These may be different shades of blue to what I have stated so be sure to test out before reassembling trim (there is only 2 wires to test so no biggy). Also redo your HU ground wire (blk) to bare metal chassis under the centre console rather than OEM loom for proper grounding of your HU.