Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vn ecu

eMOJO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN
G'day lads, first post on here...

I need another ECU for my VN S1 Auto motor and the info lable on the current ECU is worn off but from a little research I'm guessing I need an ECU that is Service Part Number 01227808... can someone please confirm this? Also does it matter if the ECU came out of a VN-VP that ran this motor ie a Calais etc?

Cheers
E

FXST01

The Grey Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 Exec
Do you need a new ECU or memcal? The ECU is whole silver box (01227808) and the memcal is the blue plastic rectangle shaped chip inside the ECU. Look inside the circle cutout of the memcal and there should be numbers and letters eg ATJR 4357 which will tell what memcal you have.
Should not matter if you use an ECU off a VP as that is a 808 ECU as well, just that the memcal could be a later version.

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
And:

It won't matter at all using the ECM from a VN-VP (nor N13 Pulsar nor JE Camira, which also use the 1227808) as long as you swap the original MemCal from the S1 VN into it. IOW, the ECM's are interchangeable across all those models but the MemCals are specific to each model. It does matter that the MemCal matches the particular car eg. a VP MemCal will run an S1 VN but not perfectly.

eMOJO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN
Ah, ok... well I'll prob need a complete ECU as water ran out of this one when I moved it... it's in a project with no panels/glass and the guy I bought it off had it out in the weather.

I'll get one specifically for a VN S1, I've found one from a VN S1 Calais, would this cause any issue?

Thanks for the info thus far.

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
That it's from a Calais? No, the MemCal's are the same for the same engine spec., whether it's Exec., Berlina or Calais.

It might be worth looking inside the ECM before you condemn it. Having water pour out of it probably isn't a great sign but it depends on where it ended up inside the ECM case. Even if you can only salvage the MemCal, that will make it worthwhile looking.

eMOJO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN
Cheers, I'll look into it... should be able to get a number off it anyway to confirm what I need for a replacement if it's toast