Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vp calais not starting every thng flashing

daniel_vpcalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP v6 calais
hi guys i am in need a of serious help i have a VP V6 Calais iv changed the stereo in and it works fine. I noticed the cigarette lighter and high beam had no fuse in it so iv put fuses in them, and when i have ignition on acc the fuel .temp and SPD light flash but the head lights come on that's my first problem .my next one is when i try and start my car the starter motor clicks really fast and all the dash lights flash a few relays click in and out as well the a/c fan comes on for a bit the the security light flashes and then it all stops car does not even turn over, sometimes the security light keeps going.I pulled out the fuses i put in so it back the way it was when it ran but does the same thing iv checked the relays and other fuses but they all seam ok disconnected the battery for a few hours to see if it would reset but no luck. iv even done the diagnostic thing by bridging out the 2 pins but the engine light just flashes really fast constantly no fault code comes up.Im really lost as i haven't worked on a VP before i used to have a vh sl/e witch was much easier to work on PLEASE if anyone can help me it would be appreciated . thank you in advance

FXST01

The Grey Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 Exec
Check all your relays under the bonnet and the dash, make sure that the 4 and 5 pin relays are in the correct spot, not a 4 pin relay sitting in a 5 pin spot and vice versa.